PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Last Updated: January 17, 2022
The Retail P Factor (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.theretailpfactor.com/home website (the “Service”).
We respect your privacy and we use your data to provide and improve our service. When you use our service you agree to the collection and use of information which we collect during the purchasing of our goods or services, or when you engage with us on social media.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of information when you visit our website to make purchases, or interact with us on social media. The following describes the categories of personal information we collect and how we collect such information.
- Mobile Device Data: If you visit our website on your Mobile Device we may collect information about your device. Examples are your device ID, model, location, software and other diagnostic data.
- Personal Data: We may use your Personal Data to contact you when you register for our programs, purchase our products, download our resources, sign up for our newsletter, marketing or promotional materials, contact us through any other means, including via an online form, phone call, or email. Examples of data we may receive include your full name, telephone number, email address, shipping address, date of birth, gender, account name, billing information (such as credit card number or paypal address), social media information and any other information you provide to us through means of communication.
- Social Networking Data: We collect some data from Social Networks sites or apps when you connect with us, comment on or like our posts or otherwise interact with us on any social media platform. Examples of data we may receive include your profile information, profile picture, social media information, social media handles or nicknames, name, purchase history, email address, location and any other public information.
- Usage Data: We may also collect Usage Data automatically when you access our website which may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the specific pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. Third-party service providers may also collect your data such as advertising and analytics providers and may include cookies, log data and web beacons. Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for business and commercial purposes only. Your information allows us to offer you certain products and services, to customise your interaction with our website and to allow us to suggest other products and services we think might interest you. We may use the information and data described above to:
- Assist law enforcement as necessary.
- Contact you about new promotions that we think you will be interested in and request feedback.
- Compile anonymous statistical data for our own use or for a third party’s use.
- Generate a profile account that is personalised to you.
- Interact with you via social media, administer contests or giveaways and deliver targeted advertising.
- Process payments and deliver products or services purchased by you.
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our website.
- Register you for a program.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshooting.
- Send you a newsletter about new products and services and other updates about our company or website.
HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS YOUR DATA
The information we collect and store is used primarily to allow us to offer goods and services for sale. In addition, The Retail P Factor may collect, use and process your information based on the following grounds:
- Contract: We may use and process your information to enter into a contract with you in order to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Consent: We may use your data or permit third parties to use your data, based on your consent to our use and sharing of that data. You may withdraw your consent at any time, doing this might affect your ability to use our website and all offerings.
- Law: As required by law we may use or process your data as required for us to comply with legal obligations.
- Legitimate Interests: We many use and process your data for our legitimate business interests from communicating with you, improving our website, goods and services and providing you with information or products that you are interested in.
WHEN WE MIGHT DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when needed, to serve our legitimate business interests such as delivering our goods and services, protecting the security of our and website, marketing additional goods and services to you. The following is a list of third parties that we may share your information with or for.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with affiliate partners to generate traffic or leads or to promote our product(s) or service(s) for a commission fee.
- Business transfers: In the unlikely event our company engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy proceedings, dissolution, reorganization or similar transaction or proceeding, we may transfer or share your data as part of that proceeding.
- Cloud Service Providers. We may share your information with cloud service providers.
- Customer Analysis Providers: We may use third party advertising companies to run and manage our ads, such as Google Adsense to produce ads that appears when you visit our Website. These companies may use information about your visit to our website and other websites that are contained in web cookies to offer you personalized advertisements about our goods and services that might interest you. .
- Customer Service Providers: We may share your information with customer service providers.
- Email Marketing and Advertising Providers: We may share your information with marketing and advertising providers, including email marketing and campaign providers, marketing software providers, direct mail providers, marketing analytics providers and sales funnel providers. We may share your information with email marketing service providers, in order to send you emails, newsletters, promotional materials, marketing materials or other information.
- Fraud Prevention Partners: We may share your information with fraud prevention partners.
- Fulfillment Partners: We may share your information with fulfillment partners, such as those we use to fulfill any Products.
- Other Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers.
- Payment Processors: We may share your information with payment processors, such as those we use to collect and process payment for any Products or Services you purchase.
- Public Forum: Our website may allow you to leave a post, comment or review on the website. If you choose to submit that information on a public forum, that information will be available to the public and we may elect to share your post, comment or review outside of the website.
- Technology Service Providers: We may share your information with technology service providers.
- Third Parties: We may share your information with third parties whom we have contractual relationships with, such as auditors, consultants, lawyers, and other professionals who rely on the data to provide us with professional services.
- Third Party Partners: We may share your information with third parties we have partnered with to jointly create or offer a product, service or joint promotion.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR TRADE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THRID PARTIES, AS WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY . WE ALSO DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DEFINED BY THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may use any or all of the following types of cookies:
- Advertising cookies: We may work with third party advertising partners who collect information about your browsing habits on our website in order to later display a relevant ad about our service. These cookies may also allow us to access your location.
- Essential cookies: These cookies help us run our website and improve your experience with our website. These cookies may allow content to load more quickly or allow you to access “members only” or repeat-users sections of our website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember your preferences from earlier visits to our website, including login information, so that you do not have to input the same information multiple times.
- Log Files: These files merely log visitors to the site usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analsze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
- Other technologies: Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security, fraud detection and similar purposes, to give us information about your use of our website, and to greater improve our website and service offerings to you.
- Social Media cookies: These cookies allow use to record when you have engaged with a social media tool while visiting our website. If you wish to change your social media sharing settings, please visit the privacy settings of the social media network.
PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
For the most part, we do not process your information in-house, but give it to third party processors for processing. However we may, from time to time, process your data internally. The legal basis for this processing is both your consent to the processing, our need to conduct our legitimate business interests and to comply with legal obligations. Our purposes in processing this information, is to maintain, improve our website and offerings, enter into contracts with you, to fulfill the terms of those contracts, to keep records of our transactions and interactions, to be able to provide you with goods and services, to comply with our legal obligations, to obtain professional advice, to protect the rights and interests of our company, our customers (including you), and any third parties. We may process the following data:
- Data associated with your account, such as your name, address, email address and payment information.
- Data about your usage of our website, such as your IP address, geographical information, and how long you accessed our website and what you viewed.
- Data related to your personal profile, such as your name, address, profile picture, interests and hobbies, or employment details.
- Data that you post on our website, such as comments or responses to blogs.
- Data that you submit to us when you make an inquiry regarding our website, offerings or by email.
- Data related to your transactions including contact and payment information.
- Data that you provide to us when you subscribe to our emails or newsletters, including your email address and contact information.
- Any other data identified in this policy, for the purpose of complying with our legal obligations, or to protect the vital interests of you or any other natural person.
Although we are based in the United Kingdom, our website is intended for individuals located within United Kingdom and worldwide. Please be aware that our website servers and our service providers may be located outside of your state, province or country. As a result, some of your personal information may be collected, used, transferred, maintained, disclosed and stored outside of your state, province or country.
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that the collection, use, transfer, maintenance, disclosure and storage of your personal information, browsing Information and communications related to or arising out of your use of this website is governed by the applicable laws in United Kingdom. While we have the appropriate safeguards in place, the applicable privacy laws United Kingdom may be less stringent than those of your state, province or country.
NOTICE ABOUT THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR NOTICE)
The information in this applies to individuals covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). References to “you” and “your” in this section refer only to those covered by GDPR. GDPR, which took effect on May 25, 2018, provides privacy rights for those inside the European Economic Area.
For the purposes of this section, “personal information” refers to any information relating to an individual which can be directly or indirectly used to identify such individual. Examples include first name and last name, email address, identification number, information about location, ethnicity, gender, biometric data, web cookies, and religious or political beliefs.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (CCPA NOTICE)
As a California resident, you have certain rights you can exercise under the CCPA. Please note that this summary is merely provided for your convenience, but we do not warrant the accuracy or exhaustiveness of this summary nor should you rely on this as an accurate or exhaustive list of your rights.
We retain personal information as long as it is needed to conduct and operate our business or until you ask us to delete your personal information by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will honor your request to delete your data, unless we are required by law to retain access to the data. However, note that we cannot control the retention policies of third parties. If you wish to have any third parties, including those to whom we’ve transmitted your data, delete that data, you will need to contact those third parties directly.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We care about the security of your personal information, so we maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and procedural safeguards to help keep it safe. While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the internet or other network can be 100% secure, therefore we cannot and do not guarantee that personal information you transmit will remain secure from misuse or interception in all circumstances.
This website is not directed towards or designed for use by children under the age of 18. This website and the information contained on it is specifically designed for individuals over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not access this website or perform any of the Actions. We do not knowingly collect, use, store or share personal information from children under the age of 18. If you know or have reason to believe that we have collected data from anyone under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact details provided for removal of that data.
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data, as outlined below. Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for actions that you ask us to take with respect to your data. In addition, we reserve the right to request that you provide us with evidence of your identity before we take any action with respect to the exercise of your data rights. Further, your rights may be restricted or nullified to the extent they conflict with our compelling business interests, the public interest, or the law.
- Confirmation of Personal Data and Use: You have the right to request that we confirm what data we hold about you, and for what purposes. You also have the right to confirmation of whether we process your data or deliver your data to third party processors, and for what purposes.
- Emails And Communications: You may opt out of receiving future email correspondence from us by checking the appropriate box when you register for the account or make a purchase.
- Delete All Data: You have the right to request that we delete all data that we hold about you and we will delete such data without delay. There are exceptions to this right, such as when keeping your data is required by law. Such a request may result in a termination of your account and you may have limited or no use of our website.
- Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving any third party marketing communications or having your personal information used for marketing purposes. You may do this by email email@example.com.
- Processing: In some circumstances you can restrict the processing of your data, such as when you contest the accuracy of your data or when you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. When processing has been restricted, we will continue to store your data but will not pass it on to third party processors without your consent, or as necessary to comply with legal obligations or to protect your rights or those of others or our company.
- Request a Copy of Data: You have the right to request a digital copy of the data that we hold about you. Your first request for a copy of your personal data will be provided free of charge; subsequent requests will incur a reasonable fee.
- Transfer Your Data: You have the right to request that we gather and transfer your data to another controller, in a commonly used and machine readable format, unless doing so would cause us an undue burden.
- Update Account Information: You have the right to update or change any information you have provided to us. To update or delete your information, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US